Join us by taking a regularly offered class through the College of Marin, or by participating in one of our many continuing education workshops. Come and see the garden for yourself by taking a tour. Or learn garden skills through volunteering—bring us your helping hands!
Come learn and help us grow on Tuesdays through Saturdays between 9 am and 3:30.
Sink your hands into the fertile soil and learn from the diversity of plants in our organic farm. You can come for part or all of the day.
Parking is available at the end of campus in lot 6 and is free to all visitors.
What to bring: Depending on the season, a hat, sunscreen, water bottle, extra layers or rain gear is useful. Close-toed shoes and long pants are mandatory for your safety.
- For a group of 6 or more, please contact us to make prior arrangements.
- Children are welcome but must be able to participate. Please supervise your child at all times.
The College of Marin Environmental Landscaping Program offers the courses listed below. Many of these courses have a hands-on lab component where students come out to the farm to engage in the practices of organic farming, gardening and landscaping.
Courses offered are:
- ELND 101 – Introductory Principles for Sustainable Landscapes, Farms, and Gardens
- ELND 109F and 109S – Principles and Practices of Organic Farming and Gardening
- ELND 115F and 115S – Plant Identification, Selection, and Propagation
- ELND 120A and 120B – Landscape Ecology
- ELND 150 – Integrated Pest Management in Landscapes, Farms, and Gardens
- ELND 160 – Soils: Ecology and Management
- ELND 190 – Irrigation of Landscapes, Farms and Gardens
For current information about which courses are being offered and to register, click here.
We offer continuing education programs in collaboration with the College of Marin, The Cultural Conservancy, UC Cooperative Extension–Marin, Marin Master Gardeners, local farmers and guest teachers. Our workshops cover seasonal topics for organic farmers and gardeners. To view which workshops are available and to register, check out our calendar page.
Come and enjoy the Indian Valley Organic Farm & Garden. An hour-long tour will take you through the 5.8 acre certified organic farm with over 200 varieties of perennials, vegetables, fruits, flowers, herbs and native food crops. You will learn about the history of the farm and receive an introduction to the principles and practices of organic farming. A $5-10 donation is requested for tours. To schedule a tour contact the Farm Coordinator.